Alright, so I have to post this for my own sake... I’m writing this in early April (first week of April) and I’m celebrating!
What am I celebrating?
Well, it’s a funny thing. I returned to the blog last year after it sat idle for a long stretch. Being home during the pandemic allowed me to achieve that level of boredom where I couldn’t escape the yawning maw of the keyboard sitting there waiting for me to make a dent and write.
And as we rolled into the end of the year, I starting posting a little more and a little more and a little more. It looks like I started something over the summer (around August) and then bit by bit picked up steam. Finally when I rolled into the holidays last year I had a glorious two week stint away from work and I saw a drafts queue that had been building up for more than a decade. I was over (or at least close to) 250 snippets, dribs, drabs, unfinished thoughts just floating around languishing.
So, here I am in early April and as of this writing after posting something every single day since December 20th, new content trotted out on a regular basis, I’ve been chipping away at that drafts queue. I’ve watched that number in the drafts queue grow smaller and smaller and today, TODAY! I am so happy that I actually have more posts sitting in my scheduled (to be published) queue than I have in my drafts queue!
It’s not Earth-shattering but it is a personal accomplishment for me. Not that I don’t have plenty of things I should be doing but in this at least I am slowly plodding my way towards my goal.
I had this thing, I wanted to give the blog over to a single topic for year. I still may do it after I’ve exhausted all the drafts. Funny thing is I’ve got about somewhere between 5 and 10 drafts sitting in the queue related to that topic. So that means my drafts queue is even smaller in a sense!
This will hit in June, hopefully by then all my drafts will be cleaned out. I’ll be done! Maybe I’ll take a break and post all those photos I’ve wanted to put up in my Flickr stream, that’s the other unfinished thing I want to get to.
Maybe I can begin that year long project as well. In the meantime I’ll just celebrate the progress I’ve made to this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment